Home About Me Press Heyday Recommends Contact Us

Friday 17 February 2012

The Fitzrovia Radio Hour

Hi there everyone
This week has flown by, so I'm just popping in to tell you of some great happenings. For Valentines day Mr Heyday and I took ourselves off to see The Fitzrovia Radio Hour, and we loved it so much I just had to let you know so you have a chance to book in as it is a limited run.
The Fitzrovia Radio Hour
Pic stolen from The Abassadors Theatre site
It is romp through the radio stories of the 1940s when they used all sorts of implements to make the sound effects, except for, of course, this time you get to watch them. It is wonderful to watch and listen to see what makes the sounds of doors shutting, whisky pouring, letter writing, sloppy kisses and a giant mytical sea creature destroying a boat.
The characters play more than one part and you'll be on the edge of your seat trying to keep up with who is doing what. You'll get what I mean if you watch this clip of them performing at the Edinburgh festival:
They are performing in London on the 21 & 28 Feb and the 6th March and I really recommend it if you are up for something remarkably different. You can see availability and book here.

Also happening in London this weekend is the Ric Rac club. Check out Fleur's blog for details, it is bound to be massive, with far too many lovely people to meet and catch up with. I'm yet to finish sorting my outfit, but no doubt there will be pics next week!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend

Shona x

1 comment:

  1. Follow This Blog? Yes, thank you, very much please! Saw your comment on Straight Talkin' Mama's Blog and followed your link here and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you, even if I don't always have time to reply

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...